- A potent antioxidant and free radical scavenger that helps combat oxidative stress.
- Easily converts to its reduced form, dihydrolipoic acid (DHLA), which also acts as an antioxidant. This makes ALA/DHLA a potent antioxidant couple.
- Alpha lipoic acid is unique as it acts as an antioxidant and/or neutralises free radicals in both fat and water soluble tissues in the body.
- Regenerates and prolongs the life of other antioxidants including vitamins C and E, coenzyme Q10 and glutathione.
- Due to its capacity to recycle other antioxidants, alpha lipoic acid strengthens the body’s antioxidant network and contributes to the synergy of antioxidants.
- Helps maintain healthy blood vessels in healthy individuals.
- Helps maintain nerve health.
- Is involved in energy production.